Applying for a disabled person's bus pass
Without speech (Category C)
The bus pass allows free off-peak travel on local buses throughout England for applicants with an eligible disability.
You will be eligible if
- you are unable to communicate orally in any language
Proving that you are eligible
You can do this by providing one of the following:
- Evidence that you have been awarded 8 or more points for the ‘Communicating Verbally’ activity of Personal Independence Payment (PIP).
- A letter from social services, or another appropriate organisation providing support services, explaining that you are unable to communicate orally in any language.
- An Education, Health and Care Plan confirming you are unable to communicate orally in any language.
- Documents which demonstrate that you are without speech. These may include letters from your consultant or GP which you may already have in your possession.
Full guidance and evidence form
Without speech guidance and evidence form (Category C) [202.1 KB] [pdf]