Applying for a disabled person's bus pass
Blind or partially sighted (Category A)
The bus pass allows free off-peak travel on local buses throughout England for applicants with an eligible disability.
You will be eligible if
- you are registered, or entitled to be registered, as blind or severely sight impaired, or
- you are registered, or entitled to be registered, as partially sighted or sight impaired.
Proving that you are eligible
You can do this by providing a copy of one of the following:
- A current East Sussex Blue Badge which is valid for at least 6 months. The bus pass will only be valid for the term of the Blue Badge.
- A certificate of visual impairment (CVI) which confirms you are severely sight impaired (blind) or sight impaired (partially sighted).
- A signed letter or form from a consultant ophthalmologist, that you qualify to be registered as severely sight impaired (blind) or sight impaired (partially sighted).
Full guidance and evidence form
Blind or partially sighted guidance and evidence form (Category A) [259.6 KB] [pdf]