Cookies in detail
We sometimes save small pieces of text on your computer. We’ll call these cookies on this page, but they can also use other methods similar to cookies, such as local storage. Most websites do this.
They improve things by:
- remembering settings, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you visit a new page
- remembering information you’ve given, so you don’t need to keep re-entering it
- measuring how you use the website so we can make sure it meets your needs
- helping us to respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to
- tracking the effectiveness of our online marketing, so that we can use public money more effectively.
We can’t personally identify you using the data we save in cookies. They’re just here to make the site work better for you. Indeed, you can manage and/or delete these small pieces of text as you wish.
Cookies set by us
These cookies are strictly necessary in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these, services you have asked for, such as reserving a library book or making an electronic payment, cannot be provided.
Consent: in law, we don’t need your consent to use these cookies:
Cookies set by third party services
Consent: By using our website, eastsussex.gov.uk, you agree that these types of cookies can be saved on your device.
Some services on this website may use other third party services. These will have their own privacy notice which applies in addition to the privacy notice for this website.