If you’re looking after someone who couldn’t manage without your help you have a right to have your own needs assessed. This is called a carer’s assessment. You can complete a carer’s assessment online:
If you need help completing this form you can contact Care for the Carers.
Reasons to have a carer's assessment
The carer’s assessment looks at:
- the care you provide and how this affects your life
- ways you can access support and what you would like to achieve
- ways we can help you to understand your strengths and capabilities
- types of support available to you in the community.
Although it’s your right to have a carer’s assessment you don’t need to have one to get help from other organisations that support carers.
Other ways to get a carer's assessment
You can arrange for us to carry out a carer’s assessment with you. Please get in touch with us.
Alternatively you can use the form below to complete a paper self-assessment in your own time. If you prefer us to carry out an assessment with you, you may still find the form helpful if you wish to prepare in advance.
- Carers assessment form
- Word version of the assessment form – this can be filled in on a computer and printed off
- Guidance to help you complete the form
Please send completed forms to:
Health and Social Care Connect (formerly Social Care Direct)
St Mary’s House
52 St Leonard’s Road
We will always contact you to discuss your assessment more fully.