Rhymetime and storytime volunteers
Rhymetimes and storytimes are for babies, toddlers and their parents or carers. The volunteers will lead the rhymetimes and storytimes, greeting parents and children, preparing and performing suitable rhymes and stories. Sessions are normally for 20 to 30 minutes, plus set up and clear up time.
Rhymetimes and storytimes are an opportunity to meet other families, sing and enjoy a story. They are also great for children’s’ speech and language development.
- Leading rhymetimes or storytimes in the library
- Preparing suitable rhymes and stories
- Greeting parents and children
- Organise buggy parking
- Distribute toys and instruments
- Reading stories
- Encouraging parents and carers to use the library
Skills and experience
- Friendly and patient manner
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Reliable and punctual timekeeping
- Some experience with children would be an advantage
- We will train you