Data Subject Rights
Can I ask you to restrict the use of my data?
It may be possible in certain specific circumstances to restrict the processing of your data.
We will stop processing your data and will do no more than store it:
- whilst establishing accuracy of data, if you have contested this
- whilst we follow up any objection you have raised to us processing your data
- when your data has been processed unlawfully but you do not want us to erase it and have asked, instead, for us to restrict processing of the data
- when we no longer need the data but you have advised us that you need it in connection with a legal claim
We will advise you when we decide to remove a restriction on processing your data.
We may refuse to restrict the processing of your data if:
- the processing is necessary for the Council in connection with a legal claim
- it is necessary for the protection of another person
- there are substantial public interest reasons for continuing to process the data
You can request a restriction by completing the form below.
- Please see our guidance on making a request for information on the supporting documentation required.
Was this page helpful?
Click or tap the rating which best represents your experience.