The County Council recognises the benefits of supporting its staff to work flexibly and has a diverse range of mechanisms to allow service delivery and personal commitments to be balanced:
- most of our positions have a full-time working week of 37 hours
- flexi-time allowing variable start, finish and lunch times and occasional days or half-days off
- flexible working patterns such as nine-day fortnights, annualised hours, term-time working or job-sharing
- technology which allows people to work from a range of Council offices or from home, reducing travel time and costs
- career breaks, allowing an extended period of unpaid absence to pursue other interests.
Whether these things apply to any given role will largely be determined by the requirements of the role and its wider team but most can be requested by an employee if it’s something they are interested in.
We offer a generous annual leave entitlement starting at 23 days per year, increasing based on length of service and grade. Employees can also get paid leave for public duties like being a magistrate or military reserve service.
We also offer excellent sick pay entitlements should you fall ill and we have a comprehensive range of maternity, paternity and adoption entitlements for parents.