Skills East Sussex sector task groups
About the sector task groups
Membership of the skills sector task groups
Members of the skills sector task groups include:
- local employers
- members of the Skills East Sussex team
- education and employability professionals
- county and local district and borough councillors.
We are very keen to receive new members. Please email Skills East Sussex to find out more about what we do and to join.
Priority sectors and objectives
The task groups address the skills and employment priorities in each of the following sectors:
- construction and civil engineering
- creative, cultural, digital and media
- engineering and advanced manufacturing
- health and social care
- land, agricultural and environmental
- visitor and cultural economy
The task groups allow everyone to collaborate on the planning of future skills and employment strategies for East Sussex. This ensures that local needs for each sector are being prioritised.
Each group has objectives related to:
- improving careers related learning and labour market information in schools
- influencing the further and higher education curriculum to meet the changing needs of business
- ensuring young people are ready for the world of work
- growing apprenticeships and higher-level learning
- supporting their sector's professional development of skills for teachers and lecturers
The task groups are coordinated by the Skills East Sussex Secretariat. Most of the groups meet 4 times a year.