Before you make a Freedom of Information request

Is the information you want already published?

Does the County Council handle this information?

Some matters are the responsibility of the District and Borough Councils. For example: 

  • Benefits
  • Council tax
  • Business rates
  • Homelessness
  • Council housing
  • Licensing (if not highway related)
  • Bin and recycling collection (including fly-tipping)
  • Planning permission (if not related to infrastructure)
  • Environmental health (noise nuisances, pollution and pests)

If you are unsure who deals with the topic of your request, you can check online, or contact us for advice. If your request relates to District and Borough Council matters you can contact them using the links below. Please check whether they already publish the information before making a request.

Still can't find the information you need?

If you can't find the information you need using the links above you can:

Was this page helpful?

Click or tap the rating which best represents your experience.