Before you make a Freedom of Information request
Is the information you want already published?
- Search this website as we publish a lot of information and data online.
- Please use the Disclosure Log to see requests we have already answered. This information is subject to the Council’s guidance on the Reuse of Information.
- Read our Publication Scheme - a list of information that we make available to the public. This information is subject to the Council’s guidance on the Reuse of Information.
- View requests that have been made via whatdotheyknow.com?
Does the County Council handle this information?
Some matters are the responsibility of the District and Borough Councils. For example:
- Council tax
- Business rates
- Council housing
- Licensing (if not highway related)
- Bin and recycling collection (including fly-tipping)
- Planning permission (if not related to infrastructure)
- Environmental health (noise nuisances, pollution and pests)
If you are unsure who deals with the topic of your request, you can check online, or contact us for advice. If your request relates to District and Borough Council matters you can contact them using the links below. Please check whether they already publish the information before making a request.
- Rother District Council
- Wealden District Council
- Hastings Borough Council
- Eastbourne Borough Council and Lewes District Council
Still can't find the information you need?
If you can't find the information you need using the links above you can:
Was this page helpful?
Click or tap the rating which best represents your experience.