The education Travel Permit explained

Lost or damaged passes

Replacements are charged at £10. Go to Replacement passes if you have lost or damaged your bus pass.


The travel permit is:

  • valid for the coach and school indicated on the card. The card has a colour band and a route number in the top corner confirming which vehicle it should be used on.
  • valid during term time and only on the days the school is open.
  • only issued to children:

Terms of use

  1. The pass is not transferable and is only for use by the pass holder.
  2. The pass is valid for travel on the coach indicated on the pass only.
  3. The pass must be shown to the driver at the time of travel.
  4. The pass remains the property of the issuing authority. The permit should be surrendered should the holder become ineligible or no longer requires it.
  5. It is your responsibility to look after your bus pass. If lost, stolen or damaged, please report it to the issuing authority immediately. A non-refundable charge will apply for a replacement.
  6. The pass does not guarantee your travel and the conditions of carriage of the transport operator will still apply.
  7. If your pass is suspected of being used fraudulently, for example by a different person from the person to whom it was issued, your pass may be confiscated by the driver and you may lose your right to a replacement.
  8. If your pass is not able to be visually checked it must be returned to the issuer. If it is found to be damaged a charge may be made for its replacement.
  9. It is your responsibility to notify the issuing authority of any changes to your home address. Failure to do so may result in your pass not being renewed and a delay before you receive a new one.
  10. Proof of age is recommended for older children, under 19s can apply for a 3i-D card and download the East Sussex Age Verification App.

Was this page helpful?

Click or tap the rating which best represents your experience.