Travel passes we issue in East Sussex
The education Travel Permit explained
Lost or damaged passes
Replacements are charged at £10. Go to Replacement passes if you have lost or damaged your bus pass.
The travel permit is:
- valid for the coach and school indicated on the card. The card has a colour band and a route number in the top corner confirming which vehicle it should be used on.
- valid during term time and only on the days the school is open.
- only issued to children:
- who are eligible for free school transport, please see Who qualifies for free school transport for information on eligibility, or
- where a seat has been purchased as part of the Vacant Seat Scheme.
- The pass is not transferable and is only for use by the pass holder.
- The pass is valid for travel on the coach indicated on the pass only.
- The pass must be shown to the driver at the time of travel.
- The pass remains the property of the issuing authority. The permit should be surrendered should the holder become ineligible or no longer requires it.
- It is your responsibility to look after your bus pass. If lost, stolen or damaged, please report it to the issuing authority immediately. A non-refundable charge will apply for a replacement.
- The pass does not guarantee your travel and the conditions of carriage of the transport operator will still apply.
- If your pass is suspected of being used fraudulently, for example by a different person from the person to whom it was issued, your pass may be confiscated by the driver and you may lose your right to a replacement.
- If your pass is not able to be visually checked it must be returned to the issuer. If it is found to be damaged a charge may be made for its replacement.
- It is your responsibility to notify the issuing authority of any changes to your home address. Failure to do so may result in your pass not being renewed and a delay before you receive a new one.
- We recommend you apply for a 3i-D when travelling so you can prove your identity. See 3i-D.co.uk for details.
Was this page helpful?
Click or tap the rating which best represents your experience.