Why work in procurement?
Orbis Procurement is a collaborative partnership between East Sussex County Council, Surrey County Council and Brighton & Hove City Council. We manage a procurement spend of more than £1.6 billion a year with external suppliers across each of the three local authorities.
Each council needs goods and services to operate. Our team works to get the best value possible for residents, ensuring public money is spent in the most appropriate and ethical way possible. The variety of things we buy covers a wide range and may include:
- social care services
- cleaning products
- highways maintenance.
We will support you to achieve a professional Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS) qualification. We offer training through routes to suit you and your situation, from apprenticeships to self-study options.
- Choose a career in Procurement
Latest jobs in procurement
Check our latest jobs working in procurement, or sign up to email alerts if there are no current vacancies.
Examples of our work
- Supporting the Council to buy local, to reduce the risk of modern slavery and support challenging targets around carbon reduction
- Providing commercial advice and setting up contracts
- Designing and implementing innovative procurement strategies
- In-depth analysis of data across multiple partners to make informed decisions on spending
- Using simple and effective standardised processes for purchases below procurement thresholds.