Are you articulate, inquisitive and an influencer?
If you have a keen eye for detail, well-developed problem-solving skills and the ability to communicate with a wide range of people on a daily basis, then a position in internal audit may be for you.
What is internal audit?
Orbis Internal Audit is a collaboration of East Sussex County Council, Brighton & Hove City Council and Surrey County Council Internal Audit teams. The service was formed to deliver greater value for our residents and customers through the sharing of people, resources and technology.
We work in six teams:
- three sovereign-based teams - East Sussex County Council, Brighton & Hove City Council and Surrey County Council
- general partnership team
- counter-fraud work
- IT audits.
We take professional development incredibly seriously. We have a strong history of developing auditors from outside of the profession, offering support through buddying, mentoring and coaching, on-the-job training and access to all types of professional and personal development opportunities. Our service was shortlisted in the Best Innovation in Training & Development category at the Chartered Institute of Internal Auditors Audit and Risk Awards.
- Choose a career in Internal Audit
Latest jobs in audit
Check our latest jobs working in audit, or sign up to email alerts if there are no current vacancies.
Examples of our work
- Providing independent and objective assurance to our clients on matters relating to governance, risk management and control
- Evaluating processes from end-to-end, providing assurance that controls are robust and operating as expected to mitigate risk
- Providing support for high-profile programmes and projects
- Proactive and reactive fraud investigation, and identifying potential areas of fraud
- Maximising opportunities for auditors and investigators to work in other authorities, including Brighton, East Sussex and Surrey and our clients Horsham District Council, South Downs National Park, East Sussex Fire & Rescue Service and Elmbridge Borough Council
- During the pandemic response, we completely revised our induction process to support new starters.