Are you articulate and numerate? Do you understand the importance of collaborative working?
If you have a keen eye for numbers and detail, enjoy working collaboratively and communicating with a wide range of people, and you want to make a positive difference for the people of East Sussex, then a position in finance may be for you.
What is finance?
The finance team helps support the Council to deliver its many services. We have specialisms in:
- treasury management
We are highly respected across our partners, clients and customers. We invest heavily in developing our own staff and working practices to ensure we provide high-quality services. This includes offering apprenticeships and training towards professional qualifications, together with on-the-job training and access to professional and personal development opportunities.
- Choose a career in Finance
Latest jobs in finance
Check our latest jobs working in finance, or sign up to email alerts if there are no current vacancies.
Examples of our work
- Providing financial advice and support to the services across the organisation
- Setting and monitoring budgets
- Maintaining the overarching medium term financial plan and the 20-year capital strategy
- Meeting statutory financial reporting requirements
- Liaison with the external auditor
- Ensuring all payments to suppliers are made in a timely and accurate way
- Invoicing for the services the Council provides and debt management
- Managing day-to-day cashflow, investments and borrowing for the Council
- Ensuring appropriate insurance cover is in place and managing claims
- Administering the £4.5 billion East Sussex Pension Fund, which has over 82,000 members and 140 employer organisations.
For excellent training and development, choose East Sussex!