Apply for travel assistance for those aged over 19 with SEND and an EHC plan

If you’re between 19 and 25 years old, we may be able to offer you travel assistance. 

You must: 

  • Live in East Sussex 
  • Have a current education, health and care (EHC) plan 
  • Be on a full-time course or equivalent 
  • Attend the school or college named in your EHC plan 
  • Be unable to travel to college on your own because of your needs 

How we decide if you can get transport 

When you’re 19 or over, you’re classed as an adult learner. We can’t offer transport to all adult learners with an EHC plan. 

When we decide, we’ll look at: 

  • Your circumstances 
  • Your family circumstances 
  • The other people who can help you get to your school or college

See our travel assistance policies

Before you apply, check what support we can provide: