Apply for travel assistance


To make an application to East Sussex County Council, the student must live in East Sussex. If they live outside of East Sussex, you will need to make an application to the local authority in which they live.

To find a different local authority, please visit GOV.UK

Details of student

Please give the site name where the college has more than one site.
Please give details, including if this relates to a proposed career.

Parent or carer information

We will use this email to contact you. Please make sure you have entered the correct email.

Details of the adult completing the form

Professionals working with this child

Please give details of professionals working with this student (if they are not named above), such as Assessment and Planning Officer (APO), Personal Advisor (Transitions) or social worker.

Family circumstances

We expect parents/carers to prioritise their child’s transport over other commitments.

When making a decision, we will consider whether it is reasonable for parents/carers to accompany the student or make the travel arrangements themselves.

Please give details for each parent/carer in the family and broader network.

Adult 1 details

State the location they usually work at, or whether they work from home.
Provide details of any flexibility in working hours

Provide any other information about their availability to provide support

Further information

You can upload documents that support your application.

Parental contribution

Parents or carers will have to pay a contribution towards the costs. The charge for this school year is £570. An invoice will be sent and payments are usually made in 10 monthly instalments.

If the family is low income the contribution is halved to £285 per year. Low income is assessed as being eligible for Free School Meals

We will check if the family are already on our systems as eligible for free school meals. We may request further information from you to determine eligibility.

Needs relating to travel

A further risk assessment of this student’s needs will be undertaken if they are determined eligible for travel assistance

For example: if you feel an escort is needed with reasons why, or any specific information operators may need to know when transporting the student.

Start date

It can take about three weeks for it to be set up. Put today's date if you need transport to start as soon as possible.

When is transport needed?

If travel assistance is provided, this will usually only be at normal college start and end times.

Further details


I understand that this form will share my information with the East Sussex County Council transport team. They are responsible for authorising and arranging SEND travel assistance. I understand that they may share my information with approved transport operators as appropriate. If any of your responses are later found to be false or inaccurate the Council reserves the right to withdraw or change provision.

You can read how we will process your data in our school admissions and transport privacy notice

I confirm that to the best of my knowledge the information in this form is correct.

If you have enquiries, please call 01273 335 530 or email