Care in your home

Home care agencies

Home care agencies offer people a care worker in their own homes to help meet a range of needs.

Personal assistants

A personal assistant (PA) provides support with personal and domestic tasks. If you are older, disabled, or living with a mental health condition or a learning disability, you may benefit from receiving support from a PA.

You can choose to have a PA to provide one-to-one support to help you live independently at home. This can include supporting you with:

  • household tasks, such as cleaning, gardening and shopping
  • personal care, like washing and dressing
  • healthcare tasks, after PA completes relevant training
  • looking after children and pets
  • driving, attending appointments and leisure activities
  • organising paperwork
  • communicating with professionals and family members involved in your care and support

If you are receiving direct payments and would like help to recruit a PA, visit Help with direct payments.

If you are self funding your care, this PA recruitment checklist will help you find the right PA.

Help towards the costs

If you are eligible, you may get help towards the cost of receiving care and support within your home.

Find out more:

However, even if you are eligible, it is likely that you will need to pay something towards the cost of your care. The amount you pay is based on how much you can afford.

Contact us to find out if you are eligible.

Search for care in your home services

There are a wide range of services that you can pay for to help you live at home.

You can search for care in your home services on 1Space - an online directory of services to help you live independently at home: Living at Home - East Sussex 1Space

For Personal Assistant services on 1Space: Personal Assistants – East Sussex 1Space

Was this page helpful?

Click or tap the rating which best represents your experience.