Seaford household waste recycling site
This site is open as follows:
October to end March:
- Closed Monday to Thursday
- Open Friday and Saturday 8am to 4pm, Sunday 9am to 4pm
April to end September:
- Closed Monday to Thursday
- Open Friday, Saturday and Sunday 8am to 5pm
Easter: open as usual on Good Friday, Easter Saturday and Easter Sunday.
The nearest alternative household waste recycling site to Seaford is the Newhaven site.
What you can bring
- Aluminium foil
- Car batteries
- Chemicals (not recycled)
- Cooking oil
- Electrical goods
- Engine oil
- Fluorescent tubes/Energy saving bulbs
- Glass bottles/Jars
- Green garden waste/Christmas trees
- Hardcore/Rubble - Charges
- Household batteries
- Household waste (not recycled)
- Mattresses (not recycled)
- Metal items
- Mobile phones
- Newspapers/Magazines/Junk mail/White Telephone Directories
- Paint – solvent-based (not recycled)
- Paint – water-based emulsion
- Plastic bottles
- Printer cartridges
- Soil - Charges
- TVs/Computer monitors
- Yellow Pages
- The site accepts general household-type waste and recycling from residents own homes in East Sussex.
- Trade/business waste is not accepted.
- You do not need to book a visit in advance.
- Hardcore and soil are accepted at this site and will be charged for.
- Any one who does not pay the charges on site will be invoiced the disposal plus administration costs via Sussex Police's Operation Crackdown vehicle tracing scheme.
- Vans are only permitted on Saturdays. Van drivers must bring photo ID (for example a driving licence) and one other form of ID such as a recent utility or Council Tax bill that contains your home address.
- Vehicle height barrier of 2 metres (6 feet, 6 inches). Barrier will only be opened for household waste brought in taller vehicles, provided they meet the other site requirements, on Saturdays only. The only exception is for Blue badge holders with taller vehicles who will be permitted entrance on any day, provided they meet the other site requirements and are able to show their Blue badge.
- Vehicles with a gross vehicle weight of 3500kg or above are not permitted. No vehicles with Luton, flatbed or tipper bodies.
- Trailers must be no more than 1.8 metres (6 feet) in length, not including the tow bar.
- Pedestrian access is permitted via a dedicated entrance for residents arriving by foot only without a vehicle.
- There is no parking outside or near the site for oversize or other vehicles. It is therefore not permitted to park outside or near the site and bring waste into the site on foot.
- Cyclists should dismount before entering the site via the pedestrian entrance.
- Large heavy bags like tonne bags or hippo bags should not be used. Staff will not be able to help residents unload them if brought to the site. Containers are available on site to allow residents to decant the material if necessary.
- Small amounts of DIY type waste will be accepted (but some are charged for). Residents should hire a skip for larger amounts.
- Small amounts of household chemicals will be accepted in sealed and clearly labelled containers.
- There is a ‘re-use shop’ on site where preloved items are sold at a low-cost instead of being thrown away. If you want to buy or donate something, please ask the site staff. The shop is open during main site opening hours. Card payments only.
Cradle Hill Industrial Estate
Was this page helpful?
Click or tap the rating which best represents your experience.