Rubbish and recycling collections from your home
Your rubbish, recycling and garden waste collection service from home is provided by your local district or borough council (not ourselves at the County Council). You will need to contact them about their service including:
- the collection of rubbish, recycling and garden waste from your home including how your scheme works, when your bin day is, ordering new bins, or dealing with missed collections
- rubbish collections of large bulky items such as furniture from your home
- litter clearance and public litter bins
- providing mini recycling points
To contact your district or borough council, please refer to their website:
- Hastings Borough Council – Waste and recycling
- Lewes and Eastbourne Councils – Bins, waste and recycling
- Rother District Council – Rubbish and recycling
- Wealden District Council – Recycling and waste
If you’re not sure which district or borough council to contact, check Find your local council – GOV.UK.
Please note, we at the County Council are not responsible for rubbish and recycling collections from your home and so are unable to respond to enquiries relating to your collection service.
Was this page helpful?
Click or tap the rating which best represents your experience.