Mountfield household waste recycling site
- Monday to Sunday: 9am to 4pm
- Bank holidays: Open usual hours (closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day).
- Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve: Close at 1pm
What you can bring
Visiting our site
- The site accepts general household-type waste and recycling from residents own homes in East Sussex.
- Trade/business waste is not accepted.
- You do not need to book a visit in advance.
- No pedestrian access. No cyclist access.
- Small amounts of DIY type waste will be accepted (but some are charged for). Residents should hire a skip for larger amounts.
- Hardcore and soil are accepted at this site and will be charged for.
- Vans are only permitted on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. Van drivers must bring photo ID (for example a driving licence) and one other form of ID such as a recent utility or Council Tax bill that contains your home address.
- Vehicle height barrier of 2 metres (6 feet, 6 inches). Barrier will only be opened for household waste brought in taller vehicles, provided they meet the other site requirements, on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays only. The only exception is for Blue Badge holders with taller vehicles who will be permitted entrance on any day, provided they meet the other site requirements and are able to show their Blue Badge.
- Vehicles with a gross vehicle weight of 3500kg or above are not permitted. No vehicles with Luton, flatbed or tipper bodies.
- Trailers must be no more than 1.2 metres (4 feet) in length, not including the tow bar.
- There is a ‘reuse shop’ on site where pre-loved items are sold at a low-cost instead of being thrown away. If you want to buy or donate something, please ask the site staff. The shop is open during main site opening hours. Cash payments only.
Was this page helpful?
Click or tap the rating which best represents your experience.