Heathfield household waste recycling site
Site improvement works
Due to site improvement works, the Mountfield household waste recycling site will be closed on Monday 12 June and Tuesday 13 June. The site will reopen as usual at 9am on Wednesday 14 June. Your next nearest sites are Hastings or Heathfield.
The site is open as follows:
April to end September:
- Monday to Sunday 8am to 5pm
October to end March:
- Monday to Saturday 8am to 4pm, Sunday 9am to 4pm
Bank holidays: Open usual hours (closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day).
Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve: Close at 1pm
What you can bring
- Aluminium foil
- Bonded asbestos (not recycled) - Charges
- Car batteries
- Chemicals (not recycled)
- Cooking oil
- Electrical goods
- Engine oil
- Fluorescent tubes/Energy saving bulbs
- Glass bottles/Jars
- Green garden waste/Christmas trees
- Hardcore/Rubble - Charges
- Household waste (not recycled)
- Mattresses (not recycled)
- Metal items
- Mobile phones
- Newspapers/Magazines/Junk mail/White Telephone Directories
- Paint – solvent-based (not recycled)
- Paint – water-based emulsion
- Plastic bottles
- Plastic hard - What's accepted - hard plastics
- Printer cartridges
- Soil - Charges
- TVs/Computer monitors
- Yellow Pages
- The site accepts general household-type waste and recycling from residents own homes in East Sussex.
- Trade/business waste is not accepted.
- You do not need to book a visit in advance.
- Hardcore and soil are accepted at this site and will be charged for.
- Bonded asbestos is accepted at this site and will be charged for. Only 6 bags or 4 sheets are accepted per calendar month, per household. Bonded asbestos must be double wrapped in two layers of plastic.
- Any one who does not pay the charges on site will be invoiced the disposal plus administration costs via Sussex Police's Operation Crackdown vehicle tracing scheme.
- Vans are only permitted on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Van drivers must bring photo ID (for example a driving licence) and one other form of ID such as a recent utility or Council Tax bill that contains your home address.
- Vehicle height barrier of 2 metres (6 feet, 6 inches). Barrier will only be opened for household waste brought in taller vehicles, provided they meet the other site requirements, on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays only. The only exception is for Blue badge holders with taller vehicles who will be permitted entrance on any day, provided they meet the other site requirements and are able to show their Blue badge.
- Vehicles with a gross vehicle weight of 3500kg or above are not permitted. No vehicles with Luton, flatbed or tipper bodies.
- Trailers must be no more than 1.8 metres (6 feet) in length, not including the tow bar.
- No pedestrian access. No cyclist access.
- Large heavy bags like tonne bags or hippo bags should not be used. Staff will not be able to help residents unload them if brought to the site. Containers are available on site to allow residents to decant the material if necessary.
- Small amounts of DIY type waste will be accepted (but some are charged for). Residents should hire a skip for larger amounts.
- Small amounts of household chemicals will be accepted in sealed and clearly labelled containers.
- There is a ‘re-use shop’ on site where preloved items are sold at a low-cost instead of being thrown away. If you want to buy or donate something, please ask the site staff. The shop is open during main site opening hours. Cash payments only.
off Burwash Road
Was this page helpful?
Click or tap the rating which best represents your experience.