Money saving travel schemes
3i-D card for young people aged 11 to 19
The 3i-D card has been developed by the Youth Cabinet, in partnership with CitizenCard, local bus operators and East Sussex County Council. The card is provided free by CitizenCard and provides:
- Proof of age - PASS national form of proof of age ID for young people under 16 and 16 to 19 years of age.
- Travel discounts - pay reduced fares in East Sussex bus travel discounts. See our bus travel discounts page for details.
How to apply online
- Do you live, study or work in East Sussex? Are you aged 11–19? If yes, then you are eligible to apply for a 3i-D Card. Please note you need to be training, working, studying or living in East Sussex to apply. This ID card is not intended for temporary travel or residency in East Sussex.
- You will need a unique organisation code (UOC) to apply online please see the section below for the codes.
- To apply please visit the 3i-D CitizenCard website.
Unique Organisation Codes (UOC)
If your school doesn’t show in the codes below you will need to complete a paper application form. Once approved by the school verifier applications can take up to 21 days to process, so speak to your bus operator about the best priced ticket in the meantime.
Making a paper application
You should make a paper application if:
- your school/college only accepts paper applications
- you do not attend a listed school/college or you are working/training, then you can apply at an East Sussex library instead.
Paper applications can take up to 28 days to process, so speak to your bus operator about the best priced ticket in the meantime.
To apply for a replacement 3i-D an applicant must pay £10 for a replacement card (no exemptions).
Replacement form (PDF)