Privacy notice - Adult Social Care: your information and you


As a local authority, by law we have to provide or arrange social care support for those most in need in the community. If you ask us for support we have to:

  • assess your needs (and the needs of your carer if they ask us), and
  • work out whether you qualify for financial help from us for your support.

To do this, we must hold records about you and your personal circumstances, and about the support you receive or may need in the future. We guarantee to use your personal data only in ways that respect your rights and promote your health and wellbeing. For example, we use information about you to:

  • agree with you what support you need
  • make sure your support is safe and effective
  • work with others who are involved with your support
  • investigate any concerns or complaints you may have.

Print entire guide