Water supply, drains and sewers

Please contact your local water company to let them know about problems involving:

  • the taste of your water
  • sewers
  • leaking water mains.

Please tell us about blocked road drains:

Local water companies

South East Water and Southern Water are the two water companies that cover East Sussex. South East Water covers most of the county, except the Lewes and Hastings areas which are covered by Southern Water.

Find out which one supplies where you live:

Contact details

Water supply, road drainage and sewers

  • South East Water – phone: 0333 000 0365
  • Southern Water – phone: 0330 303 0368


  • South East Water – phone: 0333 000 3330
  • Southern Water – phone: 0800 820 999