Report an environmental health problem
Your local district or borough council environmental health team deals with many issues. These are:
- fining dog owners who do not clean up after their pets
- cleaning graffiti off council owned properties
- removal of fly-tipping and waste on highways in East Sussex. For example, roads, pavements or lay-bys, parks and grass verges and council car parks
- pest control – including rats, mice and insects
- excessive noise in your neighbourhood.
Find out more information from your local district or borough council
- Lewes and Eastbourne Councils
- Hastings Borough Council
- Rother District Council
- Wealden District Council
For water supply, drains or sewage issues, see details on how to contact your local water company.
For larger incidents of fly-tipping, including chemical spillage, report fly-tipping or illegal waste dumping - GOV.UK.
If you catch someone in the act of graffitiing – call the police on 999.