Pest control

District and borough councils can deal with many pests, including rats, mice and insects. Their environmental health department will offer treatment to get rid of them, often free of charge.


Wild birds are protected by law, including pigeons and gulls, so you must not harm or injure them. But you can usually get advice on deterring them from your local council environmental health department.


If you are not sure whether you have honeybees, wasps or bumblebees there is guidance on the British Beekeeper Association website.

If you have a swarm of honeybees and would like it removed then you can find your nearest swarm collector, also on that same page.

Find out more

More information is available on your local district or borough council website: