How do I complain?

  1. Talk to the person you’ve been dealing with or their manager. Explain what went wrong and how they can fix it, be clear about what you want and how the team can help you.

  2. Once you have tried the above, if things still aren’t right, click the button below to make a complaint about Children’s Services. First we will validate your complaint and then take the details. Make sure you are clear about what went wrong and what you would like us to do to put things right.

  3. If necessary, we will set out our understanding of your concerns and ask you to confirm that we’ve got it right. We’ll also ask you to tell us what outcome you’re hoping for.

  4. If we can’t sort things out straight away, we’ll aim to give you a full response within 20 working days. If it takes longer, we’ll tell you and explain why.

  5. If you’re not happy with the response, let your complaints officer know. They’ll tell you what you can do next for social care complaints, or confirm you’ve reached the end of the complaints process.

  6. If you’re still not satisfied, you can contact the Local Government & Social Care Ombudsman.

  • If your complaint is in relation to Adoption Services, please follow the feedback and complaints procedure on the Adoption South East website.