Technology enabled care (TEC)
We can provide technology enabled care equipment to help people stay safe and live independently. Equipment on offer includes sensors, detectors, Lifeline alarms, medicine reminders and key safes.
If you are a current client and your equipment is broken or you have any questions about the equipment, please contact NRS Healthcare:
Phone: 0300 100 0260
Text: 07378 905 739
Eligibility and cost
You may be eligible for this service if you:
- have health problems
- are frail
- have a disability
We will do an assessment to determine this.
There is a small weekly charge of up to £3.85 for monitoring. You may also be eligible for help with the cost.
If you’re not eligible to get this service from us, you can pay for it yourself. To find out more about this, visit the Telecare Services Association website.
Contact us to apply for an assessment, to check eligibility and funding.
More about the service
This service is called technology enabled care. It includes:
- Lifeline units that detect if you fall and raise an alarm if you need emergency help.
- Gas leak, flood, power cut alerts sent to your emergency contacts and our monitoring service.
- Police-approved key safes so that trusted people can enter your home.
- Home security, to check if doors and windows are left open and protect against bogus callers.
- Reminders to take medicines, eat, drink and do other tasks.
This equipment is easy to install. We'll do this for you. You do not need a landline phone for it to work.
We'll help you to identify the best person for us to contact in an emergency.
Was this page helpful?
Click or tap the rating which best represents your experience.