Extra care housing
Extra care housing is ideal for older people who need care and support but would like to live in their own flat. 24-hour care is provided on site.
Everyone living in extra care housing must have an assessed care and support need. This type of housing can be considered as an alternative to residential care.
Flats in extra care schemes can either be rented or bought.
What extra care provides
Most schemes feature the following:
- Well-designed and fully wheelchair accessible housing
- A safe, secure environment
- An on-site scheme manager
- Access to 24-hour care and support delivered through an on-site care and support team
- Community alarm service and assistive technology
- A range of facilities such as residents’ lounge, computer area, activity rooms, guest suite, hairdressers and laundry facilities.
- Restaurant or cafe
- Landscaped gardens
- Parking for residents, staff and guests
Extra care schemes in East Sussex
These are all the extra care schemes in the county:
Marlborough House, Hastings
Downlands Court, Peacehaven
Margaret House, Uckfield
Cranbrook, Langney (Eastbourne)
Bentley Grange, Hailsham
The Orangery, Bexhill-on-Sea
Was this page helpful?
Click or tap the rating which best represents your experience.