Vans are only permitted to use our sites on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays.
Van drivers must bring photo ID (for example a driving licence) and one other form of ID such as a recent utility or Council Tax bill that contains your home address.
It is illegal to tip any trade/business waste at our sites. Tradesmen, professional gardeners, landlords and other businesses should take their waste to a licensed commercial waste facility instead and pay for its disposal.
Vans are subject to trade waste checks. All vans and the waste will be checked and driver and vehicle details will be recorded for monitoring and enforcement purposes. The following details will be taken:
- vehicle registration number
- driver’s name and address
- company name from vehicle livery
- waste type and quantity
- date and time of visit
You are not permitted to dispose of waste at our recycling sites if your vehicle:
- is 3500kg or more in weight (Gross Vehicle Weight). Useful information to identify your maximum gross vehicle weight [631.1 KB] [pdf].
- has a Luton, or box style body (such as a horse box) or cage body
- has a flatbed, tipper, caged, dropside or similar body style
- is sign written containing matching waste types.
The above vehicles are not permitted at any site because they are too large and pose a danger to other site users. These vehicles do not fit in the parking spaces and their size is such that the driver may have difficulty seeing pedestrians particularly when reversing or turning. The health and safety of all site users is our top priority.
Hired vans are permitted on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays only so long as they meet the above conditions and the waste is from your own home and not of a commercial nature.
Was this page helpful?
Click or tap the rating which best represents your experience.