Health and safety
The majority of accidents at our recycling sites involve people cutting themselves on their waste and recycling, or falling over. Cars and vehicles are another danger. Help prevent accidents by following these simple instructions:
- wear sturdy gloves to protect your hands
- wear suitable footwear
- dispose of your waste and recycling carefully
- don’t run or rush
- children and animals must stay in the vehicle at all times
- be aware of pedestrians and vehicles
- adhere to the speed limit and traffic signs
- fill your waste in liftable bags/containers
- large heavy bags like tonne bags or hippo bags cannot be used. Staff will not be able to help residents unload them if brought to the site. Containers are available on site to allow residents to decant their material if necessary.
- always follow staff instructions.
Was this page helpful?
Click or tap the rating which best represents your experience.