Real time information - live bus times
This page explains how Real Time Passenger Information (RTPI) has been introduced in East Sussex to help provide better, more reliable, information about bus services. The system enables live bus times (real time information) to be displayed at a number of bus stops and on the Traveline website, by text message and smartphone apps.
Please see our Journey planning, timetables and maps page if you need bus information.
Live Bus Times (real time information)
Live bus times are displayed on the RTPI signs for the following bus companies:
- Brighton & Hove Bus Company’s services between Lewes and Crowborough and on the coastal route between Brighton and Eastbourne
- Stagecoach services in Bexhill, Hastings, Eastbourne, Polegate and Uckfield and on the routes between Eastbourne and Hastings
- Compass services in Lewes, Newhaven, Seaford, Eastbourne, Polegate and Uckfield
- Seaford & District services in Lewes, Uckfield, Crowborough, Eastbourne and Polegate
- North Wealden Community Transport (Wealdlink) services in Uckfield and Crowborough
- Cuckmere Buses services in Lewes, Seaford, Eastbourne, Pevensey Bay and Polegate
- Community Transport for the Lewes Area (CTLA) services in Lewes, Newhaven and Uckfield
RTPI Bus Stop Signs
There are about one hundred and fifty electronic RTPI signs installed bus stops across East Sussex. We will continue to add signs to new locations when funding becomes available.
Audible information – ‘Talking’ Bus Stops
All RTPI signs installed in the county can provide audible information about bus services for people with visual impairments. These are known as ‘Talking’ bus stops signs. The audible information is activated by a key fob (remote control) issued by the County Council to partially sighted people.
For further information about ‘Talking’ bus stops and to request a key fob, please email the Transport Hub.
For further information, please email the Transport Hub. Please provide full details such as road names and addresses if you are emailing about a specific stop.