1. Home
  2. Births, deaths, marriages and citizenship
  3. Marriage venue licensing
  4. Licensing your venue for civil marriages and civil partnerships

Licensing your venue for civil marriages and civil partnerships

5. Planning Permission

If you would like to apply for your premises to be used for the solemnisation of marriages and civil partnerships, you will need to get in contact with your local District or Borough Council as well as the South Downs National Park Authority, depending on your location, to see if planning permission is also required.

If you are unsure whether you require planning permission or would like to obtain pre-application advice, please see the relevant District or Borough Council page listed below for more information:

Rother District Council

Pre-application advice – Rother District Council

Hastings Borough Council 

Pre-application Planning advice (hastings.gov.uk)

Lewes and Eastbourne Councils 

Apply for pre-application planning advice - Lewes and Eastbourne Councils (lewes-eastbourne.gov.uk)

Wealden District Council 

Pre-Application Advice - Wealden District Council - Wealden District Council

South Downs National Park

Planning Applications - South Downs National Park Authority


Was this page helpful?

Click or tap the rating which best represents your experience.