What you can borrow
Your library card gives you access to all East Sussex County Council libraries. You can borrow items from and return them to any of our libraries.
With library membership you can:
- Borrow a range of books for adults, children and young people free of charge, including books in Large Print and books in other languages
- Borrow eBooks and audiobooks and eMagazines and newspapers
- Borrow DVDs, music CDs and audiobooks for a small charge
- Borrow reading group sets, playreading sets and music score sets for a small charge. Music scores and play sets cannot be reserved online. Please ask a member of staff at your local library
- Renew your items up to 5 times if no one else has requested them
- Reserve or select & collect items for pick up from your local library
- Access subscription websites for free in the online reference library
- Get free access to computers and wifi
Full members can borrow the maximum number of items:
- Up to 20 books
- 6 CDs
- 6 audio books
- 6 DVDs
Loan periods for items are determined by the type of membership you have. All membership types feature book loan times of a minimum 3 weeks.
Was this page helpful?
Click or tap the rating which best represents your experience.