Finding the right school
Although there is no right to choose your child’s school you do have the right to state a preference for up to three different schools that you would like your child to attend.
To help you decide which schools to apply for, you should find out as much as you can about individual schools such as how the places are allocated. You should also consider how your child will get to and from school as in most cases you will need to make the arrangements. See Part 1 of the Apply for a school booklet for useful guidance.
Look for details about individual schools in East Sussex, including website links:
- Check maps of community areas (sometimes known as a catchment areas), the admission numbers/school places each school has and how school places were allocated previously for
- Find out about schools’ admissions policies.
- Look at Education league tables and Ofsted reports
If you need help to
- understand the information about school admissions
- get information in another language or format such as large print
- find local schools
- find someone to work through the application process with you
the Information for Families team will be happy to help.