Secondary school information
This section lists the names and types of all secondary schools in East Sussex. The table includes:
- total number of school places for all year groups for 2024 to 2025 academic year (predicted roll)
- if the school needs a supplementary information form to make an application (SIF)
- number of year 7 places available for September 2024 (PAN)
- total number of first, second and third preferences made in 2023
- number of places allocated in 2023
- Beacon Academy exceptionally admitted 283 children in 2023 to allow all on-time applicants in their community area to be offered a place. This is not an increase to the PAN, which remains at 250 for 2024 to 2025
- Seaford Head Academy exceptionally admitted 260 children in 2023 to accommodate high numbers of children living in the local area. This is not an increase to the PAN, which remains at 240 for 2024 to 2025
- Willingdon Community School exceptionally admitted 240 children in 2023 to accommodate high numbers of children living in the local area. This is not an increase to the PAN, which remains at 210 for 2024 to 2025
- [Note] shows where a tie-breaker has been applied. The table appears beneath the main table
[Note] For oversubscribed local authority administered schools, we have given the criterion and distance of the last child allocated. If the tie-breaker was applied, we have stated the distance that relates to the furthest child allocated a place at the school within that admission priority. The links will show you a map of the tiebreaker area.
For oversubscribed schools which manage their own admissions, you will need to seek this information from the school. See Find a school in East Sussex to get contact details.
The table below shows the furthest distance from the school that a child was offered a place. The links in the table show you a map.
Please note: we know these files might not be suitable for users of assistive technology.
If you use assistive technology such as a screen reader, please contact us, and we will do our best to help. We will contact you about the next step.
Telephone: 0300 330 9472
Email: Admissions and Transport team
- Category 1 children allocated Looked After
- Category 2 children allocated in-area sibling
- Category 3 children allocated in-area
- Category 4 children allocated out-area sibling
- Category 5 children allocated outside area
Please note these have changed for 2024-25 with the addition of children of staff as priority 3 after in-area siblings