Special educational needs and disabilities (SEND): vacant seat scheme for children
2. Who can apply and how much does it cost?
You can apply for a vacant seat if the child or young adult:
- doesn’t receive free school transport. Find out if they may be eligible for:
- free SEND transport
- has an Education, Health and Care (EHC) plan
Prices (from September 2021):
- Primary school
- £78.50 per term (6 terms per year)
- Secondary school and sixth form
- £157 per term (6 terms per year)
These prices are regularly reviewed and may be increased at any time.
Was this page helpful?
Click or tap the rating which best represents your experience.