Apply for travel assistance

1. How to make an application

Make sure you have read our web pages to find out who may receive free travel assistance and what we may provide. These can be found via the special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) school and college transport pages. Also you can review our policies for detailed information.

You can make an online application at the end of this section. Alternatively, we can provide a paper application form if you would prefer.

The application can be completed by the child or young adult, or anyone who knows them well. You may like to ask the school or key worker to help.

You will need to make a new application if the child or young adult moves house or changes school or college. To qualify for travel assistance they must be attending their nearest suitable school. If they move further away from school they may no longer qualify.

For further support or if you have a question, speak with your Assessment and Planning Officer (APO), or contact us:

Related content

Was this page helpful?

Click or tap the rating which best represents your experience.