Children and Young People's Trust (CYPT)
Children and Young People's Plan
The aim of the Children and Young People’s Trust (CYPT) is to improve outcomes for children and young people. In particular, it aims to support those who are vulnerable to poor outcomes.
The joint strategic priorities of the agencies that make up the Trust partnership are:
- Improving the school readiness of children at all transition stages
- Helping more parents enter, sustain and progress in work
- Improving the quality of life of low-income families in other ways where possible
- Ensuring effective early help and safeguarding for young people
- Improving education, attainment, and skill levels of young people 14-19. This includes through a strong academic route. It also includes wider range of apprenticeship, vocational training, and work experience opportunities
- Improving emotional wellbeing and mental health support
The CYPT Plan forms the statutory Child Poverty Strategy for East Sussex. Please see:
- Children and Young People’s Plan [25.3 KB] [docx] (five pages).