Support for young carers
Funding help for young carers
Young carer’s personal budget
You can apply for funding if you are under 18 and the person you care for is an adult.
This is a one-off sum of money towards the cost of something specific that will support you.
This could be:
- educational resources
- leisure/respite activities
- something to keep you healthy and active
Get in touch with East Sussex Young Carers for more information and a needs assessment.
Whole Family Budget
Limited funding is available from the Whole Family Budget and provides help to:
- children and young people (under 18) who provide care for a member of their family network
- individuals with caring responsibilities
- adults who have care and support needs
Contact the Whole Family Budget team to see if you qualify for support and how to apply.