Information for suppliers about our procurement and payment systems
Form - supplier bank details for BACS payments
We make payments directly into supplier’s bank accounts by BACS (Bankers' Automated Clearing System). The benefits include:
- The payment goes directly into your bank account.
- You don’t have to pay cheques into the bank and wait for them to ‘clear’. This saves you time and means the money is available to you more quickly.
- The money will be credited in your account within two working days from the date shown on the payment advice we will send you.
- There is no risk of the payment made to you being lost or stolen, as there could be with a cheque.
We no longer pay by cheque. All new suppliers and vendors need to complete a BACS form before a purchase order can be created. All completed forms should be sent electronically to BACSforms@eastsussex.gov.uk
We send our BACS remittance advices by email.
Which BACS form should I use?
We have two types of BACS form - commercial and non-commercial - depending on the type of supplier you are.
Please note: we know these files might not be suitable for users of assistive technology. If you use assistive technology such as a screen reader, please contact us, and we will do our best to help.
Telephone: 01273 481108
Commercial BACS form
Please use the Commercial BACS form if you are an organisation or company with a business interest in the service or goods being supplied (or similar purpose). For example, where the goods or service being supplied results in a financial gain to your organisation or company. This includes Sole Traders, Partnership as well as public limited companies (PLC) and limited companies (LTD).
Please note that if you are a Public Body or Charity (or similar organisation body) you are required to provide evidence of your official status on the BACS form in the same manner as a commercial vendor. Supporting evidence including company stamp, letter headed paper or compliment slip is required.
- BACS form and guidance notes for companies (Word, not accessible) [37.1 KB] [docx]
- BACS form and guidance notes for companies (PDF, not accessible) [161.6 KB] [pdf]
Non-commercial BACS form
If you do not come under the categories above you should use the private individuals BACS form.
- BACS form and guidance notes for individuals (Word, not accessible) [43.5 KB] [docx]
- BACS form and guidance notes for individuals (PDF, not accessible) [221.0 KB] [pdf]
If you have any further questions about this process or the BACS form, please contact the Accounts team below:
Telephone: 01273 481108