Information for suppliers about our procurement and payment systems
Our back office uses SAP software incorporating a complete ‘Purchase-to-pay’ service. This includes sending purchase orders electronically to our suppliers, payments by BACS, and electronic supplier catalogues for our procurement staff.
This applies to most orders placed by East Sussex County Council, with some exceptions such as those placed direct by schools.
We use purchasing cards or P-cards to make purchases and payments. The benefit of this is a faster billing process which enables you to be paid within 4 working days. It also reduces the cost of producing and posting invoices.
If you are interested and accept MasterCard, please email us at P-Card Admin.
- Include our purchase order number and contact details on invoices
- Check the content of each purchase order and let us know if there are any errors. For example, if we have raised an order at an incorrect price, contact the County Council member of staff quoted on the purchase order. If no name is listed on your invoice, please email Purchasing queries.
- Make sure you resolve any queries you have relating to a purchase order before you supply the goods or services as delays may arise in the payment of your invoice.
- Check purchase orders for invoicing instructions. Purchase orders that come from the SAP system will provide this address. Please ensure invoices are sent to the correct address. Please note that the delivery location will be shown separately from the invoice address.
- If you receive a hard copy or are unsure about the validity of an electronic purchase order please contact the County Council member of staff quoted on your purchase order.
For further information, please contact Purchasing queries.