Eastbourne household waste recycling site
- Monday to Thursday: 8.30am to 4pm
- Friday: 8.30am to 3.30pm
- Saturday and Sunday: 8am to 12 noon
- Bank holidays/'substitute' bank holidays: Closed
- Christmas Eve & New Year’s Eve: Close at 12 noon
At busy times the main gates may be closed up to 45 minutes before the published closing time to clear vehicles already queuing on site.
What you can bring
Visiting our site
- The site accepts general household-type waste and recycling from residents own homes in East Sussex.
- Trade/business waste is not accepted.
- You do not need to book a visit in advance.
- Drivers should not queue outside the site before it opens in the morning. The site is located in a residential area. Please be considerate of our neighbours by keeping noise and disturbance to a minimum and not blocking driveways.
- We generally find that Tuesdays can be busy, with the least busy day being Wednesday.
- Pedestrian access to the household waste recycling site is permitted via a dedicated entrance for residents arriving by foot only without a vehicle
- There is no parking outside or near the site for over-size or other vehicles. It is therefore not permitted to park outside or near the site and bring waste into the site on foot.
- Cyclists should dismount before entering the site via the pedestrian entrance.
- Small amounts of DIY type waste will be accepted (but some are charged for). Residents should hire a skip for larger amounts.
- Hardcore, soil and plasterboard are accepted at this site and will be charged for.
- Bonded asbestos is accepted at this site and will be charged for. Only 6 bags or 4 sheets are accepted per calendar month, per household. Bonded asbestos must be double wrapped in two layers of plastic.
- Tyres are accepted at this site and will be charged for. Only 4 tyres are accepted per calendar month, per household.
- Vans are permitted on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays only. Van drivers must bring photo ID (for example a driving licence) and one other form of ID such as a recent utility or Council Tax bill that contains your home address.
- Vehicle height barrier of 2 metres (6 feet, 6 inches). Barrier will only be opened for household waste brought in taller vehicles, provided they meet the other site requirements, on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays only.
- Vehicles with a gross vehicle weight of 3500kg or above are not permitted. No vehicles with Luton, flatbed or tipper bodies.
- Trailers must be no more than 1.8 metres (6 feet) in length. The site can accept 2.4 metre (8 feet) trailers on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays only. These measurements do not include the tow bar.
- There is a ‘re-use shop’ on site where pre-loved items are sold at a low-cost instead of being thrown away. If you want to buy or donate something, please ask the site staff. Cash payments only.
The shop opening hours are as follows:
- Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday: 9.30am to 3.30pm
- Tuesday: 10am to 3:30pm
- Friday: 9.30am to 3pm
- Closed for lunch: 1pm to 1.45pm
- Saturday, Sunday, and Bank Holidays/'Substitute' Bank Holidays: Closed
St Philip's Avenue
Was this page helpful?
Click or tap the rating which best represents your experience.