Eastbourne household waste recycling site
The site is open as follows:
Monday to Thursday: 9am to 4pm
Friday: 9am to 3.30pm
Saturday and Sunday: 8am to 12 noon
Bank Holidays/'Substitute' Bank Holidays: Closed
Christmas Eve & New Year’s Eve: Close at 12 noon
At busy times the main gates may be closed up to 45 minutes before the published closing time to clear vehicles already queuing on site.
Drivers should not queue outside the site before it opens in the morning. The site is located in a residential area. Please be considerate of our neighbours by keeping noise and disturbance to a minimum and not blocking driveways.
What you can bring
- The site accepts general household-type waste and recycling from residents own homes in East Sussex.
- Trade/business waste is not accepted.
- You do not need to book a visit in advance.
- Hardcore, soil and plasterboard are accepted at this site and will be charged for.
- Bonded asbestos is accepted at this site and will be charged for. Only 6 bags or 4 sheets are accepted per calendar month, per household. Bonded asbestos must be double wrapped in two layers of plastic.
- Tyres are accepted at this site and will be charged for. Only 4 tyres are accepted per calendar month, per household.
- Any one who does not pay the charges on site will be invoiced the disposal plus administration costs via Sussex Police's Operation Crackdown vehicle tracing scheme.
- Vans are permitted on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays only. Van drivers must bring photo ID (for example a driving licence) and one other form of ID such as a recent utility or Council Tax bill that contains your home address.
- Vehicle height barrier of 2 metres (6 feet, 6 inches). Barrier will only be opened for household waste brought in taller vehicles, provided they meet the other site requirements, on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays only.
- Vehicles with a gross vehicle weight of 3500kg or above are not permitted. No vehicles with Luton, flatbed or tipper bodies.
- Trailers must be no more than 1.8 metres (6 feet) in length. The site can accept 2.4 metre (8 feet) trailers on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays only. These measurements do not include the tow bar.
- Pedestrian access to the household waste recycling site is permitted via a dedicated entrance for residents arriving by foot only without a vehicle.
- There is no parking outside or near the site for oversize or other vehicles. It is therefore not permitted to park outside or near the site and bring waste into the site on foot.
- Cyclists should dismount before entering the site via the pedestrian entrance.
- Large heavy bags like tonne bags or hippo bags should not be used. Staff will not be able to help residents unload them if brought to the site. Containers are available on site to allow residents to decant the material if necessary.
- Small amounts of DIY type waste will be accepted (but some are charged for). Residents should hire a skip for larger amounts.
- Small amounts of household chemicals will be accepted in sealed and clearly labelled containers.
- There is a ‘re-use shop’ on site where preloved items are sold at a low-cost instead of being thrown away. If you want to buy or donate something, please ask the site staff. Cash payments only. The shop opening hours are as follows:
Monday, Wednesday and Thursday: 9.30am to 3.30pm
Tuesday: 10am to 3:30pm
Friday: 9.30am to 3pm
Closed for lunch: 1pm to 1.45pm
Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays/'Substitute' Bank Holidays: Closed
Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve: Close at 1pm
St Philip's Avenue
Was this page helpful?
Click or tap the rating which best represents your experience.