Roads and pavements: what we do
- Publish our plans and procedures for roads to be treated each winter
- Grit all main roads (over 40% of the county), including at least one road into each large village, when freezing is predicted
- Use modern precision weather forecasting linked to our own weather stations
- Use over 50 snow ploughs to open main routes where possible, within 24 hours of heavy snow and other routes as soon as we can
- Clear snow from town and village centres within the resources available to us
- Provide information via our website and local radio on road conditions during bad weather
Was this page helpful?
Click or tap the rating which best represents your experience.