Privacy notice - Children’s Services: your information and you
Under data protection legislation, you have the right:
- to be informed why, where and how we use your information
- to ask for access to your information
- to ask for your information to be corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- to ask for your information to be deleted or removed where there is no need for us to continue processing it
- to ask us to restrict the use of your information
- to ask us to copy or transfer your information from one IT system to another in a safe and secure way, without impacting the quality of the information
- to object to how your information is used
- to challenge any decisions made without human intervention (automated decision making)
You can ask to see your information using your rights under data protection legislation. This is known as a Subject Access Request. If you are a child or young person, we will need to consider whether you are mature enough to understand your rights. If we are confident you can understand your rights, we will respond directly to you. We may allow a parent or guardian to exercise a child’s rights on their behalf if the child agrees to this or if it is in the best interests of the child.
Please see data subject rights for further details.