Claiming or changing a public right of way

1. Making changes to the Definitive Map

The Definitive Map is a statutory record of public rights of way. Anyone has a right to apply for it to be corrected if they believe there to be an error on the map or information missing.

If you would like to speak to us about making an amendment to an existing public right of way, please contact the Definitive Map Team.

Landowners can also apply to divert a public right of way

Print entire guide