Apprenticeship levy transfer funding
Apply for apprenticeship transfer funding from East Sussex County Council.
Apprenticeship training funding
The apprenticeship levy is giving East Sussex County Council (ESCC) the opportunity to invest in high quality training, helping to recruit apprentices and develop existing employees for our future economy.
As a large levy-paying employer, the council can transfer up to 25% of its apprenticeship levy funding to other employers for their apprenticeship training, helping to further boost the number of employers having apprenticeships in East Sussex.
Who can receive transferred funds?
We can transfer funds to employers for new apprentices, for existing staff who would like to develop their skills through apprenticeship training.
Employers eligible for funding should be East Sussex based or can apply if the apprentice has an East Sussex connection.
Priorities for funding
All applications will be viewed on a first come first served basis. You can apply for funding for multiple apprenticeships; however, we cannot guarantee that we can fund them all. Application approval is subject to availability, and it may be necessary to prioritise.
Considerations for applying for levy transfer funding.
To apply, you’ll need to confirm:
- your apprentice(s) place of work is in East Sussex, or they currently live in East Sussex.
- your apprentice(s) will be employed for at least the duration of their apprenticeship.
- They are undertaking an appropriate apprenticeship standard featured on the Institute for apprenticeships
- you have set up a digital apprenticeship account
- you have a planned start date and duration of the apprenticeship training.
As a transfer receiving employer you are responsible for:
- meeting the requirements in the apprenticeship funding rules on GOV.UK
- accepting the invite from ESCC to connect our digital accounts
- adding your apprentice/s using transfer fundsto your digital account and submitting these within three months of your application being accepted by us
- keeping us informed when a learner ceases their apprenticeship training or takes a break.
The opportunity to apply for funding is open continuously, depending on funds remaining available. We will contact you within 15 working days of the form submission to inform you whether your application was successful.
How to apply
Contact the apprenticeship team directly at email@example.com with your initial enquiry and the team will then send an application form and book an initial appointment to discuss your needs.
More information and support
The Transform project has created a toolkit to help micro, small and medium sized businesses (SMEs) and third sector organisations in East Sussex that want to invest in new and existing staff but are struggling to understand the publicly funded opportunities that are available. It includes help on setting up an apprenticeship service account, if you don’t already have one. For further details please see the Transform Skills Toolkit.