Development control

Most planning applications are decided by borough and district councils. We only deal with minerals extraction, waste management and developments such as schools, libraries and roads.

Our development control service can help if you want to:

  • apply for planning permission
  • comment on an application for planning permission
  • notify us about a potential breach of planning control.

Contact the Planning Development Control team.

Transport development control

As the county highway authority, we also offer advice to local planning authorities on applications that may affect roads or transport. Find out more about development control for roads and transport.