The Planning Register
The Planning Register contains information related to planning applications and enforcement cases for:
- waste (such as landfill sites or waste water treatment works)
- minerals (such as chalk, gravel and sand extraction or mining)
- our own development (such as schools, libraries or roads)
For all other types of development, contact your local district or borough council.
Search the Planning Register to see if:
- an application has been made
- permission has been granted for a particular site
- there are conditions attached to that permission
Please read this information before searching the Planning Register or commenting on an application.
Commenting on an application
You can comment on any application which you feel will affect you. You should try to view the plans before making any comments. These can be found on the Planning Register below or hard copies can be inspected at,
Communities, Economy and Transport Department
St Anne’s Crescent,
If consultations are ongoing there will be a link to comment on the application. If there is no link, the consultation period is closed, and we are no longer accepting comments. You can also put your comments in writing to the address above. You will not receive an acknowledgement but you will be informed of the final decision.
What to consider when commenting
Any comments you send us will be in the public domain and may be read by anyone (see personal data below).
You may be satisfied in general with a proposal but concerned about one particular aspect. Please let us know, as this will inform our assessment.
In general, the committee cannot consider non-planning matters such as:
- loss of property value
- loss of view
- existing problems that are not directly related to the proposal
You might want to consider the questions below when making comments:
- if the application is to change the use of land or buildings, do you think that the new use is suitable for the area?
- if the application is for the construction or alteration of a building, what do you think of the general appearance, scale, height and design of the development?
- will the development affect you by loss of daylight, over-shadowing or loss of privacy?
- is the development likely to cause you any disturbance or nuisance, (e.g.,) noise or extra traffic?
We cannot treat any comments made on a planning application as confidential. Any comments you make will be available publicly on the planning file and this website. This will include your name and address in accordance with the Local Government Access to Information Act (1985).
If you comment anonymously your views cannot be considered by the planning authority.
Telephone numbers and email addresses given in the correct fields of the online form will not be published online. Please do not include these details in the main body of your comments.
Once an application is determined, representations will be removed from the website only.
We reserve the right to remove any comment or parts of comments not considered suitable for public view. For example if they are offensive or personal.
The material on this website does not necessarily represent the full extent of information available in respect of planning applications, or necessarily all that retained on the Statutory Planning Register, held by the relevant District or Borough Planning Authority. Certain information may be withheld from Internet publication. Access to the full content of planning applications will continue to be available at the Council Offices.
While we make every effort to ensure that the information provided on this website is correct and accurate, we cannot accept any liability or responsibility should you rely on the information provided and later find it to have been incorrect.
Please do not rely on information from this site as an alternative to traditional searches. If you have any reason to believe that any information is incorrect, please contact the team.
This website contains:
- basic data on most planning applications determined by East Sussex County Council since 1946
- decision notices and officers’ reports for all applications determined since 1 October 2006
- full application details for proposals submitted from 1 May 2008
We are currently in the process of publishing decision notices and officer’s reports online for older planning applications.
Copyright Terms and Conditions of Use
Plans, drawings and other material submitted to East Sussex County Council are protected by the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 (section 47). You may only use material which is downloaded and/or printed for consultation purposes, to compare current planning applications with previous schemes and to check whether developments have been completed in accordance with approved plans. Further copies must not be made without the prior permission of the copyright owner.
Ordnance Survey maps, and maps created from Ordnance Survey material are subject to Crown copyright. You may view or download this for private and non-commercial purposes only. Such mapping may not be further sub-licensed, sold, demonstrated, lent, or otherwise transferred or exploited without the prior written permission of Ordnance Survey.
I have read and accept the copyright notice, disclaimer and personal data statements.
If you have any questions related to the Planning Register, or need help using it, please contact us.