Why choose East Sussex?
East Sussex is a diverse county with urban, rural, and coastal areas with different characteristics. The education sector is made up of a range of providers.
You can find more information about the local context in Excellence for All.
In East Sussex leadership is a skill that is needed from day one as a teacher. Class teachers lead in their classrooms and are working with a range of support staff, so the development of leadership skills needs to start early in a teacher’s career. East Sussex has a strong school-led improvement system where collaborative working is a strength of the local landscape.
- Continuous professional development (CPD) to support career pathways, from Initial Teacher Training and the Early Career Framework, to early leadership, and on to a range of leadership roles within and across schools. With our partner organisations we provide access to the full programme of National Professional Qualifications (NPQs).
- Comprehensive support and training, so you can make more of a difference in the classroom and beyond.
- Strong partnerships with local, regional and national partners provides comprehensive support for professional development at all career stages.
- A range of career pathways that encourage leaders at all levels to engage in roles that draw on and develop their expertise further. This may be through school leadership or wider system leadership roles.
Find out more about system leadership.
Headteacher induction programme 2023-24
For 2023-24 we will be running our fully funded headteacher induction programme.
It is our aim to provide ongoing continued professional development and support for every new, acting, or interim primary and secondary headteacher and every new Head of School.
We have a wealth of experience, with serving headteachers, consultant headteachers, colleagues from all departments of the Local Authority and external experts. This provides all delegates with an essential toolbox of skills and knowledge.
The course overview includes:
- Welcome to East Sussex
- The school improvement journey
- An inclusive school
- The curriculum intent
- School finance explained and
- Working with stakeholders
For further information please contact Katie Ridgway:
- email: email@example.com
- telephone: 07518 299603