Free transport to mainstream schools
Timetable and ticket information
East Sussex Travel permits and timetables
- Primary schools
- Secondary schools
- There is a charge for lost Travel Permits. Apply for a replacement travel permit.
Freedom Passes and public transport timetables
- To plan your journey please see Journey planning, timetables and maps, maps.
- There is a charge for lost Freedom Passes. Apply for a replacement bus pass.
Rail Key smart card
We now arrange for Key smart cards to be sent to you from Southern Rail. We will email you a link where you need to complete your details for this to be completed.
New cardholders will need to activate their card and tickets. Guidance for this is below:
Activating the ticket through the Southern On Track App
If you have a smartphone with NFC (which is used for cashless payments). You can try activating the ticket on the Southern On Track app.
- At the dashboard press the menu button
- If you are activating the Key card select ‘View/Activate your Key tickets’. If you have already activated the card you can just select ‘Load your Key tickets’.
- Tap the card to the back of the phone
The app doesn’t have to be on the cardholder’s phone, you can do this on any smartphone with the app.
Activating the ticket at a Southern rail station
To do this, touch the Key Smartcard on the smart barrier or card validator (if the station has no barriers). The card is now ready for use.
This option only works at Southern stations. We recommend using the app if you can.
If you have any issues activating your card please call Southern Customer Services on 0345 127 2920 and select option 4 to speak to an advisor.
Using the rail service
- Your child must carry their Key card.
- If your child loses their Key card you will need a replacement. Please use our photocard form to apply for a replacement.
- To plan your journey, see Journey planning, timetables and maps
Was this page helpful?
Click or tap the rating which best represents your experience.